Friday, April 27, 2012

Learning Community - TCC Conference 2012 Continued


Community of Education - TCC Conference 2012


  1. I felt very honored to be in the presence of so many talented individuals. I appreciated everything that I learned from the presenters, the comments made by learners, and my group that I collaborated with for our Tech-Tools presentation. I even won an award for being a Provocateur. This basically means that I was nominated by 10 people as a presenter that caused people to talk about and be interested in a particular topic. I felt like I won an Academy Award:)

    Here are some of the presentations that I attended:

    Laureen Kodani - Information Literacy for Electronic Resources

    Mari Zelenik - Developing a Mobile App to Learn French

    John P Coney - Teaching Marine Species Identification Using Web Based Learning Modules

    Kehau Souza, Kahea Nae'ole, and Kalewa Correa - The Hawaiian Archipelago
  2. I also had the honor of participating in the TCC Conference as a presenter with my cohorts Gayle Anbe, Ross Uedoi, and Susan St. John. Our topic was creating a course that teaches how to use specific technology tools. Our tools were categorized into 3 types: 
    1) Screencasts 
    - Jing
    - Screencast-O-Matic
    2) Presentations 
    - Prezi
    - Voicethread
    3) Animations
    - Animoto
    - GoAnimate

    It was fun and I would definitely attend these conferences after I graduate. I learned so much from everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment